Monday, February 14, 2011

We're On The Waiting List!

Today was a great day!  We are delighted to announce we've made the waiting list.  I'm a Whoo Girl so I've saying "Whooooooo!"  all afternoon.  I'll call someone up to tell of our good news and all I can hardly get out is "We're on the list!  Whooo!"  It is such a wonderful feeling to have made it one step closer to getting a baby.  We are number 10 on the non NRI (non resident India) list.  It is an estimated time of 10-18 months for a referral.  This happening today on Valentine's Day is so appropriate.  It's a day all about love, and we already have love in our heart for the baby who will be a part of our family one day.  I'm amazed how love for someone I've never met makes praying more passionate and fun because I care for the future the baby, saving money easier because of the purpose, and keeping a house in order more important because I want it to be home where children feel cared for.

Just a cute Indian baby!
A Note From Ryan: Cristy posted this from my computer which is why it says below that I posted this entry.  I am certainly not a "Whoo Girl"- but am glad to be married to one.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Isn't it the best feeling to be done with paperwork for a while?!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm excited for your family and am so happy to follow your journey through your blog!

    :) Kristi W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours. You are on the wait list now! That is HUGE progress!! I can't wait to follow your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello It is great to find another Dillon family! I found your blog thru Kristi's blog. It is exciting to be on the wait list and it is a BIG paperwork break. Oh by the way,I am Gidget another Dillon India mom! We brought our daughter Maiya Reela home in May of 2010.We picked her up on her first birthday:) It is so exciting to follow another adventure to India.:) Congrats to your family. I will add you to my blogroll.If you want a invite to my blog just shoot me a email at fenwickfamily5@gmail.com
    Gidget

    ReplyDelete