Monday, March 23, 2015

Still Welcome Home AJ



For 11 months this Welcome Home AJ balloon has been on our ceiling. Who knew a balloon could even stay inflated this long?

It's actually kind of a good and humorous representation of our life. Life still doesn't feel normal. It's a constant effort of finding what works best for everyone in the family. There is a small routine to our life, but it's not the routine I'm used to having. We seem to be floating around in search of normalcy. This is not a bad thing. It's just surprising. Surprising like there's still a balloon on the ceiling. If someone had asked me what I thought our family would look like after AJ was home for a year, I would have said we'll find our groove in a year's time. Who knew what time would be like for our family? Time is a funny thing. This time period has gone by incredibly fast. Seriously, it's like I've blinked and we're now a couple of weeks away from the one year mark. The welcome home balloon is quite fitting because it still feels like we just got home with AJ. I'm incredibly thankful for this year. I only wish this year felt longer. 

Anyone else ever have one of those years that seem to pass by too quickly?


No comments:

Post a Comment