Thursday, April 24, 2014

Oh Shenandoah


I love how when I don't post for a few days I get messages checking on AJ.  AJ is adjusting wonderfully.  We had a thoughtful friend let us use a cabin this week during Brody's spring break for family bonding.  I know every book on attachment says not to travel the first few months, but AJ loves being on the go and Brody needed this trip.  A relaxing cabin trip is good for all of us.  The Brice PARTY of four is fun, but it will take time for the boys to get used to each other and learn to share their parents.  They are both explorers at heart, and I really enjoy their curiosity.  Being in the woods is great for them!  Car rides are also pretty great too!  AJ loves seeing new things.  This is my first time seeing the Shenandoah Valley.  It's beautiful country side!  I'm such an old soul who wanted to sing out, "Oh Shenandoah, I long to hear you. Away you rolling river." Yesterday we visited Luray Caverns.  It was definitely a Brody kind of place.  It's the largest cavern in the East with countless stalactites and stalagmites.  I like a place that is both fun and educational.  Kids need to see new sights so they have things to write and think about.  Getting Brody to give details about topics is like pulling teeth.  It's important to experience things together as a family so we can talk about it.  Hearing Brody tell about his favorite part of the cave, Pluto's Ghost, was very cool.  AJ can't tell us verbally what he thought of the cavern, but he did smile a lot.  The clear water that sat so still that it reflected the ceiling perfectly was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.  I recommend seeing this place if you have never been there. Today Brody is going horseback riding during AJ's nap.  I'm sure there will be fun stories from that adventure.    























Both boys fell asleep after all the cavern fun!  Success!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment