Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Winds From The East


Today I can just hear Bert from Mary Poppins sing


Winds from the east... Mist comin' in... Like somethin' was brewin', about to begin... Can't put me finger on what lies in store... But I feel what's to 'appen, all 'appened before...!

Can't quite put my finger on why I keep singing it.  Maybe I sing it because I love Mary Poppins.  Maybe I sing it because there really is a storm brewing.  Maybe I sing it because I feel change happening.  I think it's the combination of all three.  A change, a new beginning, is happening in our family.  And I LOVE it!  Sitting on the floor and looking out the window this morning with AJ, I was completely content.  I don't know how to describe it exactly, but there is this amazing happiness being  a mother.  Oh how I enjoy soaking up each moment with my boys!  With AJ, I've missed almost five years of his life, and I find myself not wanting to miss anything with him now.  I want to hear his excitement with every bird and car that passes by our house as we watch out the window together.   I want to hear him yell "Mickey Mouse" everytime that mouse comes on tv.  I want to see him smile as he experiences something new he likes.  I want to hear all the "mmmm's" as he is enjoying his food.  Even in the midst of AJ throwing a tantrum, I want to be by his side even more to reassure him that I love him no matter what.  I want it all!  This is a season of life I'm loving.  It's like a spring season of life has sprung at The Brice House!  I'm just thankful to be able to soak in all of it!  I'm not sure what all is in store for us, but I know I don't want to miss any of it.  There is a new excitement awaken in me.  I like what the wind is blowing in...the breeze has never felt so good.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment